Wednesday, September 9, 2009

patience

First day with kids.

I'm worn out already.

I don't know how anyone teaches Kindergarten all day, every day.

I've actually had pretty much nothing to do with math today, but we do seem to need some problem-solving on how to get everyone through the lunch line before the end of the day. There's a lot for the little ones to take in on the first day: Follow the line. No, follow the line. You get a choice of entree--do you want chicken or pizza? No, you can't have both. Nope, no changing your mind now. Now serve your own fruits and veggies--yes, you have to have some. Now punch in your PIN sloowly, painstaking--oops, start over. Now sit at THIS table. Okay, next! You can see how it takes a long time to get everyone through, so what time should we attempt to start the other lunches? Hint: I'm just now getting a chance to sit down and check my e-mail.

Today's next task (one actually related to my job!) is making up a math challenge for this month, and making a display to publicize it. I have really good prizes this time, so I hope people play.

No comments:

Post a Comment